Digital Dry Eyes: Why Our Eyes Feel so Dry in front of Screens?
Why are my eyes so dry?
The Science Tells Us
- Our eyes blink 10-20 times per minute to rehydrate and protect the surface of our eyes. But research shows, we blink about 4-5 times per minute... less than half of that when infront of screens.
- 90% of all information captured is through our sight.
- Our eyes can focus up to 50 objects per second, which translate to over 10 billion bits of information per second streaming from our eyes to our brain.
Gamer Eye Syndrome (aka Office Eye Syndrome)
- Symptoms of fatigue reduce the ability to react
- Burning and itching reduce the ability to concentrate
- In extreme cases, the problems may become chronic
- Problems with visual digital information processing
- Headaches may result from vision strain
How to 1-Up the Dry Eye Game?
Use Preservative-free, Hyaluronic acid eye drops around 0.1%-0.18% to replenish tears up to 120 minutes without causing temporary blur in vision. Re-apply drops every 120 minutes or as needed. These are compatible for those who wear contact lenses as well.